We are searching for an experiences DevOps Engineer to join a leading data & technology consultancy based in central London. In this role you will work on a range of projects such as consumer websites through to data warehouses. If successful you will join an established, small but growing team.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include owning the integrity of pipelines and deployments, including code, data and content. Best practice management of application infrastructure. Monitoring and managing support tickets for data services on behalf of clients.
What we need from you:
- Approximately 2-3 years’ experience with Linux administration, including Red Hat & Debian-based distributions.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment concepts and software: Jenkins, Circle CI, Bitbucket Pipelines etc.
- Automated testing toolsets and procedures.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is essential, suite (EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES, IAM, CloudFormation). Knowledge of other cloud-based platforms.
- Exposure to Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Packer; CloudFormation, Terraform, Serverless
- Familiarity with containerization tools such as Docker, Vagrant (VirtualBox) and container management systems: ECS & Kubernetes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nginx & Apache.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Bash, Groovy scripting, some Ruby.
- Demonstrable understanding of TCP/IP networking and related protocols (HTTP/HTTPS/SMTP/FTP/DNS).
- Experience in SQL/NoSQL database maintenance and backup.
- Understanding of ReST.
- Experience of log archiving and processing (Splunk, Cloudwatch Logs, Logstash, Elastic Beats, Fluentd).
In return you will work for an established small but growing team. The company offers great benefits including generous holiday allowance and a culture centred around personal development with free online training and exams for relevant certifications.
Looking for someone new?
Looking for that next challenge?
Ready to Work With Us?
If you are ready to take the next step on your journey or want to find out a bit more about us, please get in touch and one of the team will get right back to you.